If you are wondering how and by what means to reach the Wankhede Stadium, you have no reasons to worry at all. To catch your favorite cricket team play at this stadium in Mumbai, you can avail any of the transport facilities.
How to Reach CST/Churchgate Station
- To reach churchgate stn, catch Western line local trains(fast/slow) available at every 5 min from Borivali, Andheri, Bandra, Dadar, Mumbai Central station.
- Stadium is very much walk able from Churchgate station(.25 km).
- To Reach CST station, catch Central line Local Trains(fast/slow) available at every 5 min. from Thane, Ghatkopar, Kurla stations.
- Harbour lines -only slow locals available at every 5-8 min. from Panvel, Belapur CBD and Vashi to reach CST.
Access to the Stadium - Mumbai
- Gate No. 2, 1, 7(Grand stand, Garware stand, MCA stand) are on the southern side of stadium, Entry form D road next to Garware chowk.
- Gate No 3( Vijay marchant stand ) is Marine Drive housing road, western side of the stadium.
- Gate No 4( Sachin Tendulkar stand ) entry from opp. to university ground
- Gate No 5 (Sunil Gavaskar L1 )entry is from east - west railway bridge
- Gate No 6 (Sunil Gavaskar L2 & Divecha stand )entry is form east - west bridge
For more information around Wankhede Stadium, please click - Wankhede Map
Buses from CST station - Bus no. 45, 122, 126, 132, 133, 138
Buses from Colaba - Bus no. 106 , 123, 132, 133
Dadar, Andheri, Bandra, Sion, Kurla (Buses available for Churchgate)
Reaching via Rickshaw/Cab
A rickshaw in Mumbai has permission till Sion and Bandra. If the rickshaw guy leaves you in between your journey, make sure to check if there is any station or bus stop nearby.
Cab service is easily available in Mumbai (Obviously at some higher cost). They are available at any bus stop or nearby any society or college. Here's the number to contact them directly to book a cab:
- Tab cabs - 022 6363 6363
- Easy Cabs - 022 4343 4343
- Mega Cabs - 022 4242 4242
Parking of all vehicles in the vicinity of the stadium will be prohibited from 1pm - 9pm for afternoon matches and 5pm - 12am for evening matches.
Parking is banned at these areas
D Road, E road, F road, E cross road, South bound of N S road & M K road
Parking near Stadium
- Driving to the stadium from the Eastern Suburbs or from the direction of South Mumbai, you should drive straight to parking lots available at Maharshi Karve Road, M. G. Road, H. T. Parekh Marg, Mantralay Lane, Jeevan Vima Marg, Vidhan Bhavan periphery, CR-2 Inox, Jamnalal Bajaj Marg, Vinay K. Shah Marg, N.C.P.A Lane, D. Tata Road NCPA, Cooperage Ground. After you park your vehicle at any of these places, you can then walk towards the stadium.
- Driving to the stadium from the Western Suburbs, you should drive straight to parking lots vailable at Nana Nani Park Chowpatty, Wilson College Gymkhana, Hindu Gymkhana, Islam Gymkhana, Parsi Gymkhana, and Service Road on Eastern side of N. S. Road. After you park your vehicle at any of these places, you can then walk towards the stadium.
- No parking will be allowed on both the sides of N.S. Road, N. Purandare Marg, Maharshi Karve Marg (Queens Road), Kalbadevi Marg, J.S.S.Road, Shamaldas Gandhi Marg.
There will be no entry for all types of vehicles (except vehicles holding Passes) on:
- 'C' Road from the junction of N. S. Road to the junction of 'E' Road.
- 'D' Road from the junction of N. S. Road to the junction of 'E' Road.
- 'E' Road from the junction of 'B' Road to the junction of 'D' Road.
See route map